[NAFEX] Wild fruit (beach plums) provide a tart treat

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Aug 11 10:59:45 EDT 2004

I have some grafted on St. Julian, and they do nicely on that, becoming
large shrubs, except that the ones I have are in different locations.  Since
they bloom so much later than regular plums, and aren't self-fertile, mine
have never set fruit as the plums nearby are all gone when they bloom.
Luther Burbank is said to have used them in crosses and one of the
selections would bloom and set fruit continuously.
-Lon Rombough