[NAFEX] Plums and early ripening

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 15:34:18 EDT 2004

In Massachusetts South Dakota is sickeningly, candy sweet.  Sometimes its sets decent numbers of fruit, which are almost always lost to insects [I don't spray plums, ever].   I'll be cutting South Dakota down this coming winter, anybody who wants scions, or carving wood, write me by January.  I also think South Dakota's reputation as a good pollinizer is unfounded.  Its a big tree, about 15 feet tall and as much across.  It looks mostly like american plum, but is pure yellow.

C. Paradise