[NAFEX] -12°C for Desert King

derry&bill wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 4 01:19:07 EDT 2004

Lon,

-5°F would be about -20°C. I think it's only got that cold once in the last 14
years and not at all in the last four years..

The -12°C we had last December was the coldest we've had since I got the Desert
King (four years), but is has died back in the previous three years. In the last
three or four years we have not had a cold winter, just drier and warmer than
average.

Our last cold winter was about 1992 or 1993.

Oregon is a bit warmer than my area of South Coastal B.C.

I neglected the Desert King for a couple of years - no water during the summer,
then I dug it up and moved it to a warmer spot. It has had more water this summer
than it has had for three years, but this is the first year I've had tiny figs in
July.

One thought is that it could be mislabelled and is not a Desert King.

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase
wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove,  B. C.,  Canada