[NAFEX] where do you live?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Aug 3 19:14:05 EDT 2004

Desert King only bears on the previous year's wood, so if it is dying back,
you won't get any fruit.
On the other hand, you may be watering it when it doesn't need it.  Mine
grow where they get NO water and in over 25 years they have only frozen back
one time.  Lack of water doesn't really harm the plant, and it forces it to
harden off a lot more than if it gets water much of the summer.  If you are
watering yours, stop now and the tree might harden off more.  It can get so
dry it drops leaves without permanent harm.
-Lon Rombough

My Desert King has not fruited yet (four years) in my area of PNW. It dies
back to
the ground each year.