[NAFEX] need help with cherry ID
jko at bsn1.net
Sun Aug 1 11:30:21 EDT 2004
On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:18:11 -0700
"Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom at hevanet.com> wrote:
> I had P. tomentosa for at least ten years and never got one fruit.
Thanks... We have similar weather and no fruit after about 8 years.
I was about to order some more bushes and try some experiments.
>From my trials it appears that some general rules about
Pacific Northwest Springs might be:
* Most stone fruit (peaches, plums, apricots, etc.)
are impacted by our cool springs.
* Pears and apples have good and bad years. The good years
are very good and the bad years impact selected plants.
* Grapes always grow strongly but long cool springs sometimes
* The kiwi must be niche sensitive. Our issai does great but
is reported marginal by others. The fuzzy kiwi's have
frost problems at times.
* The Desert King fig is dependable.
* Persimmons grow but the fruit has trouble ripening.
* Paw Paw are dependable
More information about the nafex