[NAFEX] Cicadas, Japanese beetles

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Fri Apr 30 17:32:49 EDT 2004

At 11:44 AM 4/30/2004 -0700, Robert wrote:
>One of the links suggested that Japanise Beatles being
>edible.  Next month I will have enough to eat and put
>up for storage.  Anyone got a recipe for JB jam? :)
>
>Actally, I dont think I could stand popping them in my
>mouth (at least the adults), but I wish I could get
>the birds interested in them.

I've got a co-worker who keeps a flock of chickens, and she has friends who
use the JB pheromone traps empty the JBs into gallon ziploc bags and bring
them to her, then she takes them home and sticks them in the freezer and
they feed JBs to the chickens all winter long - or at least as long as the
supply holds out.

Lucky