[NAFEX] St. Augustine grass

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Fri Apr 30 10:20:19 EDT 2004

That's probably why I've never heard of St Augustine grass.

I wanted to chime in with the folks touting the use of comfrey.  I've
been planting it as a living mulch around large fruit trees & juglan
species.  3 times a summer I go arouind with a machete & cut it back
immediately after flowering, leaving it lay.  One other benefit that
hasn't been mentioned is that often time the comfrey melts into a skin
of sorts.  I believe the word is gley.  Makes it pretty hard for other
"weeds" to penetrate.

mIEKAL