[NAFEX] Best groundcover for (home) orchard

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Sun Apr 25 22:48:42 EDT 2004

Along this line, I have azlways kept the alleyways between my rows of berries
cut short like a lawn. I had a number of people visitint the plantings and I
wanted it to look good. There is a down-side, each year I noticed that I had
more and more Jap beetles - I was creating a great place for them. They prefer
a "lawn" to an open field or pasture to lay the eggs and reproduce. Now I have
so many that have stopped growing raspberries because I will not spray them
while there is fruit on the plants.

Ed Mashburn