[NAFEX] grass around fruits, was: Spring!

Lisa Almarode lisaalmarode at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 10:43:09 EDT 2004

> My project for this year is to kill back the grass
> from close to my
> fruits.  The blueberries have an extra 18" of

The grass in my orchard is starting to worry me; I
just
read that some grasses are alleopathic, particularly
the nasty creeping ones.  How worried should I really
be?  How much space around each tree do I need to
keep clear?  Any good suggestions, other than roundup,

to control?  I've been starting with cardboard but
it's about 1/4 acre - that's a lot of cardboard...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Zone 7, Sunset Zone 7, 1800'