[NAFEX] wolfberry

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Tue Apr 13 12:57:48 EDT 2004

I am growing wolfberry in Seattle.  I started it from seed 2 years ago,
from JL Hudson.  It is starting to leaf out now after being dormant all
winter.  No experience with it fruiting yet.  Maybe that will happen
this year.  It survived last year with no care at all (no watering, no
feeding), and the plant ended up looking pretty starved.  I'm giving it
more attention now.  Looking at my notes, I see the leaves are supposed
to have a peppermint scent.  In Japan the leaves are used to flavor
rice.  Use with caution though, since many plants in this family have
toxins in the leaves.

-Mark Lee, Seattle zone 7B/8A