[NAFEX] Propagation of Prunus.

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Mon Apr 12 13:44:37 EDT 2004

Lon,

I did some more digging around the GRIN database.  There is a hybrid
called "Appleberry" (X Sorbaronia sorbifolia) developed by N. Stewart in
New Brunswick.  The database says "Fruits black, taste like an apple and
very sweet".  That sounds like it has potential as an edible.  Material
is available for distribution from the repository in Corvallis.

-Mark Lee, Seattle