[NAFEX] grape adventitious buds ?

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:20:15 EDT 2004

I just dug up the 75 grape sticks I had planted last year for propagating.
Some of the ones that I had given a months bottom heat (for initial
callusing) now have a half dozen 2' roots, and nearly 2' growth up top.
Wonderful.
I am repeating that method right now with currants to see if I can get them
a head start .
My question relates to the 20 grape cuttings that the, yes, voles ate the
new growth completely off at the bud. These were short grape cuttings - so
there was only a bud at bottom for roots and a bud at top for new growth.
These now have great roots - but no top, so...
1. Can grapes sprout from roots or adventitiously from the plain stem?
2. Anything I can do to help them along?

Thanks Del
Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3