[NAFEX] Re:Need opinions...

Tom Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Mon Apr 5 12:03:42 EDT 2004

Hello,

After carefully selecting scion and rootstock, to achieve the variety and sized tree you want, why would you
toss that away?

Also, on more mature trees even a shift in grade of a few inches can kill a tree.  Once a soil depth is set, it
is usually permanently set.

Young wood (whips/seedlings) can tolerate changes in soil depth on the trunk, however mature wood suffers and
dies.

That is my experience anyway.

Later,
Tom