[NAFEX] Grapevine regrowth

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sun Jun 29 12:33:23 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I had three grape vines killed to the soil level by last Januaries cold
snap (Vanessa, Himrod, NY Muscat).  I have noted that the new growth from
the ground is quite accelerated.  The Himrod and Vanessa have grown over
5' high in a months time.

My question is in regards to the leaves.  This new growth has leaves that
oversized and are very rough (alligator like).  Is this rough texture on
the leaves due to their very rapid growth this season?

Having the root system of a mature vine, they sure can grow fast.

Thanks,
Tom