[NAFEX] figs,mulberry and jujuge oh my!

Needham Greg needhamgr at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:58:39 EDT 2003

Oh no!  Try corresponding with Lon R.- he has fruited jujube in Oregon,
though I don't know if it was maritime, and might be able to help you!
Might be you would need to pick your earliest cultivar, put it in a
heat-absorbing pot in the most hot, sunny and punishing summer-like spot you
have, with southern exposure and something to reflect heat onto the plant
during the day and release some heat at night...  just some thoughts.  I
know my jujubes have not liked being planted in less than the hottest and
sunniest spot I have- they survived but never fruited if put in half-sun or
a cooler spot.  Sorry, but I hope there is still hope!

Greg