[NAFEX] Re:yellow clover

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Tue Jun 17 23:59:51 EDT 2003

It sure looks like a legume.  In fact, it looks a lot like web photos
of both of the plants you mention.  I pulled up a sample to see if I
could ID it, but between fuzzy internet pictures and lawn-mower damage,
I can't distinguish it from either of the Trifoliua you mention.  Not
sure what Chris means by a "fold" as I would describe this, along with
red and white clover, as having a "fold" in each leaflet.

I have some buttercup, too, growing in the forsythia hedge.  Is it so
noxious a weed that you would try to eradicate it?  It has stayed in
the same place for several years, and doesn't seem to be doing anything
else any harm.  (There are several weeds that I pull up or try to keep
in check, but the only one I really try to eradicate is poison ivy.
Not that I succeed, as the birds spread it, but I do kill it whenever I
see it, unlike my laissez-fair attitude about most weeds.)

Ginda