[NAFEX] prunus not breaking dormancy

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:52:35 EDT 2003

This spring I  traded for 2 plum trees, A Kaga and a Stanley, both about 5'
tall.
As of yet not so much as a green tip,  or root sprouts. I am afraid if I
don't do something soon I will lose them. Both show green under the bark
near the tree top though. I can't determine if the buds are alive or not.
All I can think of is to wrap the trees in wet burlap and do a sort of
standing 'sweat'. Any suggestions? Del
(To John Bunker, if you are reading, emails to you have all been returned)

Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3