[NAFEX] seabuckthorn seeds?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Jun 14 10:04:46 EDT 2003

   I have a set of papers from an international symposium on Sea Buckthorn
and according to the papes, much ofthe species is native to climates with
cold winters and dry soils.  However, there are some that come from wetter
areas and can tolerate, warmer climates and wetter soils than the rest of
the species.  The trick is being able to get some of that material - you'd
pretty much have to set up an expedition to collect it yourself.
-Lon Rombough

<nafex at lists.ibiblio.org> =====
>I can tell you that it is not invasive in Georgia.
>All of my plants died.
>I'm not sure why. Most people here think it was either
>the clay soil We have here or
>the it was watered to much (which again may be an
>issue with the clay).
My experience here in southern west-central KY was similar.  A Canadian
friend
sent some plants, but none lasted an entire growing season.

Lucky