[NAFEX] Japanese Beetle

John.Mosko at engelhard.com John.Mosko at engelhard.com
Thu Jun 12 10:09:47 EDT 2003

Hi Hector,

For wine grapes removal is not necessary.  We sell a bunch of Surround for
California grapes for berry sunburn and leafhoppers.  But you are
absolutely correct about table grapes - for table grapes, I would use
Surround early, then stop when berries are small. This detail is all on the
label.

John

                      hector black
                      <hblack at twlakes.net>        To:       North American Fruit Explorers
                      Sent by:                     <nafex at lists.ibiblio.org>
                      nafex-bounces at lists.        cc:
                      ibiblio.org                 Subject:  Re: [NAFEX] Japanese Beetle

                      06/11/2003 07:06 PM
                      Please respond to
                      hector black; Please
                      respond to North
                      American Fruit
                      Explorers

Hi John,
    Surround did work pretty well in suppressing feeding, but we found it
hard to removed from the grapes.  It's much easier to remove from a large
fruit like apple or pear.  Because of the cluster, it seems to remain on
the
inside and is harder to remove.
    Hector Black. zone 6