[NAFEX] What can we do?

Judi Stewart js at olympus.net
Thu Jun 12 10:28:27 EDT 2003

A friend of ours started his apple orchard about three years ago.
He's ill now, and we'd like to figure out a way to help his trees.

He grafted about 100 English apples on M9.  The trees were planted
out 10' x 10' and are sitting in 2' high grass.  These apple trees are
between 1 to 2 feet tall with many branches above the grafts.
They're stunted and have not been pruned.  We're in a summer draught
area.

I'd like your opinions on how to save his trees.  Is there any hope or
are they permanently harmed?

Many thanks,

Judi
Olympic Peninsula, Zone 8