[NAFEX] Grape Vines and Japanese Beetles

Scott Williamson swilliamson at acespower.com
Wed Jun 11 14:20:18 EDT 2003

Yep you are pretty close. I'm over north east of Anderson.

I have read about Milky Spore and it is an organic control method, but I'm not sure that the expense of it is worth it for me and I've read about several issues related to application timing and how well it's worked into the soil, although I like the long term affects it's supposed to have.  I own several acres that used to be farm and it would cost me a fortune to treat all of that and this is just a hobby for me.  I left my property fallow last year so maybe I just didn't have many Japanese Beetles because of that or because they just aren't around me that thick.  I know they were there because there were some weeds they REALLY liked that were completely defoliated when I would come across, but I never saw lots of them.  Hopefully they just don't like me and stay away... :)