[NAFEX] - del stubbs/zone 2/3

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:06:21 EDT 2003

David, I read your reply and I wouldn't have much to add yet. But it has
been a strange season.......
die back etc. I've also had very wierd die back and  bloom. Some  stuff is
still just  now sneeking out of dormancy - that I figured must be dead. One
whitney crab looks dead but for the very tip of one branch.
One half of a large nanking flowered and has 1/4" fruit while the other half
is just now blooming. I lost 2 honey golds, 2 honey crisps are hurt, but a
regent looks great, go figure, and my records show no colder than minus 35F
(with little snow cover).
I will post more on this seasons' results when it I figure the jury is
in.Del
Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3