[NAFEX] something gained something ....

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Thu Jun 5 11:29:43 EDT 2003

2 things to report from WI & this utterly cold spring.  My 3 year old
dwarf almonds have fuzzy fruit on them which I imagine/hope will
produce small almonds.  Ive read that these are pretty bitter for
almonds but Im thinking I could make almond extract from them.

& after 5 years of waiting for my a. kolomikta males to stop dying &
finally produce some flowers, my one male vine is in full flower but
sadly the females look like they have at least a week if not more to go
before the bloom.  Ive got maybe 20 females planted in various
plantings & I need to find a male which blooms later or figure out a
way to delay the blooming on the exisiting males that I have.
Discouraging to say the least.

mIEKAL