[NAFEX] pond irrigating

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:45:29 EDT 2003

Rivka, (and anyone else) I noticed in your last post you mentioned you
irrigate from a pond. We have a new 1.5 acre pond 100 feet away and 10'
below our orchard. Haven't found a tank yet. Have a gas powered trash
(centrifugal) pump - am hoping it can lift 15'. So am curious how you
irrigate.....from a tank? drip? how do you control algae, duckweed and other
matter from contaminating lines and nozzles etc?  thanks,Del

Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3