[NAFEX] Strawberries/Maxim

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Wed Jun 4 22:29:49 EDT 2003

They (Maxim) were large (though not peach size!) and tasty both, a rare
combination.

In my experience some varieties have erratic flavor, good some seasons
and awful others; so I want another couple year's trial before I feel I
can count on them. I have 100 row feet of them that should be ripening
soon; will let you know. They survived a pretty bad drought last year
after our irrigation pond ran dry, and this may have affected both fruit
size and flavor for this coming season; it certainly affected how well
the row (didn't) fill out.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly