[NAFEX] Strawberries, First season

Doreen Howard doreenh at ticon.net
Sun Jun 1 20:15:30 EDT 2003

I planted Ozark Beauty and Tristar in the early spring of 2000, and they
flowered and bore fruit by mid-summer.  The same strawberry patch is in its
third season, and the plants are healthy and productive.  The 4 by 25-foot
plot is a virtual carpet of green and berries as I write.  So....Dylan,
enjoy those berries!  Do mulch the patch well for winter if you are in Zone
5 and lower, and do apply a 1/2-inch of compost every spring just as green
growth starts.
Doreen Howard
Wisconsin--Zone 4b