[NAFEX] re: rabbiteye coloration

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Jun 1 10:50:10 EDT 2003

Rabbiteye blueberries will grow nicely here in Oregon.  They do keep their
leaves in the winter and the leaves turn reddish in the colder weather.  In
fact, I'm testing some that were bred for that as ornamentals.  Many of the
leaves stay reddish in the spring, but the new growth is green until fall.
All other things being equal, I'd say it isn't necessarily something to
worry about in your area.
-Lon Rombough