[NAFEX] amazing Golden Russet

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Wed Apr 23 15:20:53 EDT 2003

This past year decided that Golden Russet is my favorite apple.  It produces
a consistent crop each year.  It has no problems with rust, and insects
avoid burrowing through its russeted skin.  I just ate the last one today.
It has been in an unheated shed all winter, temperature between 30-50F.
That last apple still had some crunch left in it, and the flavor was sweet
and complex.  All my other apples have long since turned to mush.  I enjoyed
this apple so much I had to sing its praises.
-Mark Lee, Seattle, z7b/8a