[NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?

Richard O'Barr aatopgunaa at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 23 10:04:18 EDT 2003

I topworked a 10 year old apple last year and there are 2 varieties on it
from 2002, a dozen of which are blooming this season. I added over a half
dozen more to it this year. The names did not follow the collection, but I
do have Arkansas Black, Gala, Yates, and some experimental types from Mr.
Thompson's planting in GA before they took them out at the Station.
I topworked an 11 year old apple this year with about 10 different apples
and a pear for my neighbor for bragging rights.