[NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Tue Apr 22 21:14:31 EDT 2003

For what it's worth, I have one branch of Cox's Orange Pippin grafted
onto a crab.  It is not very vigorous for me, and seems to suffer from
scab or something more than either the stock or the other scions.
(Ribston, Ashmead's Kernal, and Tydeman's late are all noticeably
healthier and more vigorous.)  Of course, it might just be that my
single graft didn't take very well, and so that branch is weak.  On the
other hand, I'm in eastern Mass., so the climate is similar.

Ginda