[NAFEX] bumble bee as pollinator

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Mon Apr 21 23:10:40 EDT 2003

I tend to get alot of bumblebees around because I'm a compulsive mulcher.
They really like loose mulches of scythed grass over small bunches of twigs
& such. While i have accidently disturbed many nests, I have only been stung
once- I was cutting grass with a kama and I actually grabbed an entire nest-
I had 5 or 6 bumblebees in my hand. Got stung once.
I have reacted to stings in my nurseries; got to ride life flight once. My
only helicopter ride ever, cost more than a round-the-world airline ticket,
but a bargain. Pretty doc, too. But, that was a yellowjacket sting.
I like bumblebees.

-Rick