[NAFEX] RE: Morel of the story

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Mon Apr 21 22:07:48 EDT 2003

> From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer at king.edu>

> The kids found a few morels at two places in our woods; we, as Lucky, want
> to know how to manage these for more production.  Enjoyed a meal of these
> last week picked from a campus gravel parking lot.

I don't know about how to MAKE morels fruit, but for a few years my
container nursery was under part of a pioneer orchard. King, Gravenstein,
etc. Well, mulch of planer shavings and a container mix of compost, bark,
pumice and feather meal got the morels all excited. (like many old orchards,
there were morels) They got bigger, more numerous, and started popping out
of my potted bamboos. So they've been to 2 more places since, traveling in
my compost.
No complaints here!

-Rick