[NAFEX] Morel mushrooms

Mike Levine mlevine at umich.edu
Mon Apr 21 19:16:33 EDT 2003

I have tried planting some morel kits outdoors on 2 separate occasions.  So
far I've gotten nothing, but I keep hoping.
Planted oysters last year and am amazed that they are already fruiting this
year.  Oysters for dinner tonight!  Shiitakes are reliable too, but usually
take more than a year to get going.
I think that maybe if I tried a casing on my morels they might work better,
but I haven't tried.

Mike