[NAFEX] American Sources for Unusual Plums

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Apr 20 19:31:18 EDT 2003

I second that.  It also is often known as just Petite, French, or it's older
name, Prune D'Agen.  I've tried a lot of Gages, and none every performed or
tasted anywhere near the Petite.  It's not a huge plum, but it's SWEET and
it's RELIABLE.  In over 25 years, I've NEVER had a total crop failure with
it, and most years it's loaded with far more than I can use.  The only thing
I could call a flaw is the relatively small size and that the stone isn't as
easy to remove as some.  So I wash and freeze them whole and they are great.
-Lon Rombough