[NAFEX] American Sources for Unusual Plums

Ed Fackler efackler at woh.rr.com
Sun Apr 20 18:58:53 EDT 2003

Joe:

     One I'm familiar with is Reine Claude d' Althan.  It's more common
name is Count Althan's Gage.  And as grown in So. Indiana, it was mediocre
at best,
suffered from brown rot as bad as the worst I've had, etc.  Many of these
old
varieties are way too covered in blah-blah as you well know.
    If you want a truely great european type, try French Petite.

ed