[NAFEX] T-bud demonstrated via animation

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Apr 18 12:59:23 EDT 2003

One thing missing from the animation.  The leaf stem should be left on the
bud piece as both a "handle" to make it easier to insert the bud, and as an
indicator.  That is, if the stem turns yellow and drops off, the bud most
likely has taken.  If it dries up and hangs on, the bud usually has died.
    I learned t-budding first, but then found chip budding more adaptible as
t-budding can only be done when the bark slips, but chip budding can be done
through most of the growing season, almost to fall.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com