[NAFEX] "Sour Chari" and "CKVL#1": Joe Brown

Erdman, Jim ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Thu Apr 17 21:02:38 EDT 2003

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Charles Paradise [mailto:machelp at attglobal.net] asked:

	>>Let me expand the question to others, is ANYBODY getting cherries >>without spraying?

	Hello,
	We have been growing Montmorency and North Star in Wisconsin for years (over 20 years between 2 places) and haven't had any insect problems to worry about.  Never sprayed any of them with anything that I recall, unless they got dormant oil years ago when I used to remember to do  a dormant oil spray in the spring.  Usually the birds get their share (and it's the big half that they take), but as I mentioned earlier in the year, netting the trees helps some.
	But no problem with insects to worry about around here (western Wisconsin an hour east of St Paul, Minnnesota.)

	Jim Erdman, Menomonie, WI , zone 4