[NAFEX] multiple persimmon cultivars on one tree?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Apr 17 20:27:30 EDT 2003

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I had an own-rooted Fuyu for
some years.  One year I was given scions of several new Asian persimmons and
I grafted them on the Fuyu.  After a couple of years, the tree developed the
same symptoms as the so-called Kaki decline - shoots turned black and such,
and the whole tree eventually died.  Virus?  I don't know.
-Lon Rombough