[NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Thu Apr 17 19:21:30 EDT 2003

I expect you're right.  Nonetheless, I don't regret doing it.  I had
fun grafting.  I got most of my grafts to "take".  And on the other
tree, I appear to have 5 healthy apple cultivars on a healthy tree.
That's five more cultivars than I would have had room to plant on their
own roots.  I'm not looking for grat production from them, just the
chance to taste fresh some unusual apples that can't be purchased
locally.  If I get fruits within a few years, it will definitely have
been worthwhile.  And the dead crab left behind a place to put an
eating apple.  (And if that one dies of replant problems, I suppose I
can always add a lilac or something.)

Ginda