[NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?

Gordon Nofs gc_nofs at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 20:49:02 EDT 2003

Michael
   I had three multiple apple trees. as a matter of fact I have many
multiple variety trees. The one apple tree had over 75 varieties. another
apple tree was mostly of apples of delicious and combinations of. Never had
any problems. I just decided to get rid of apples mostly because I could no
longer care for them properly. I do have a friend that had 2 apple trees of
over 100 different varieties of different types one had 135 varieties.
Something hit them both in the same year and he lost them both. Did he
transfer something from a diseased scion from one tree to the other??? It
was a very dry year that year. many of us lost trees that year.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.