[NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 12:59:55 EDT 2003

I did a lot of this years ago when I first learned to graft well and had
access to lots of cultivars. The biggest problem that I encountered was not
the time od harvest, but the time of bloom, it meant that I could not
properly spray, because the blossoms were in different stages. Another big
problem is the growth rate - some cultivars grow much faster and morre
vigorously, so the tree becomes very misshapen. On the good side is that
there is very good pollination.

Ed Mashburn
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street