[NAFEX]

Brown, Joe R Joe.Brown at uky.edu
Thu Apr 3 08:29:25 EST 2003

You wrote:

A while back someone posted a method to access the Hidden Springs

nursery catalog online and I noticed that Hidden Springs offer two sour

cherries on Mahaleb rootstock (which I can't use). These two varieties

were "Sour Chari" and "CKVL#1". Both were listed for zones 4-8. I

searched around and couldn't find out anything worthwhile about either

of these. Does anyone have additional information about either of these

two varieties? Rodney in zone 4

My response:

Rodney,

I have CKVL#1.  I got it 2 years ago - no major insect or disease
problems.  It does get powdery mildew.  I have not tasted the cheeries
but I may get some this year.   Post your question again this summer and
I can tell you how they taste.

 ~ Joe Brown - Zone 6 Central KY