[NAFEX] stooling

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 07:20:31 EDT 2003

I just peeled away the remaining two new rooted shoots of a bud 118 who's
graft had failed. The first two I exracted last year as they had better
roots - these two had the 'bread twist tie strangulation', it worked well to
force rooting. I'd like to force stooling on a few more odd rootstocks I
have at hand, and would like ideas on how low to cut them to the ground.
Thanks, Del Z2/3 where the first buds in  my fruit plantings are now
swelling - black currants.

Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3