[NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Fri Apr 11 20:48:59 EDT 2003

My husband's uncle has rhubarb in poor soil with less than full sun and
abundant deer.  So abundant that they sometimes eat !really!), and
often trample, the rhubarb.  Nonetheless, it keeps coming back, and we
harvest some very nice stalks every year.  They may not be as large and
tender as Lon's, but they make fine pies, and uncle Davis sometimes
harvests a bunch and makes juice.

Ginda