[NAFEX] White Champion Peach / Hal Berta Giant

Sgroppino Farms sgroppino at sgroppino.com
Fri Apr 11 04:07:53 EDT 2003

Karl:

I just looked for the 'Hal Berta Giant' peach in the Stark Bros catalog and they don't carry such a peach .  Are you sure you didn't mean their Burbank July Elberta?

Thanks for the advice regarding the split pit problem with White Champion.  I ultimately decided to go with six different peaches and I'm hoping they'll all thrive well here in coastal Maine:  Burbank July Elberta, Carolina Belle, Double Jewel, Fingerlakes Super Hardy, John-Boy and Stark Summer Pearl.  I'm also going to see how well the Harcot and Harglow apricots adapt to the climate up here.  NAFEX has been a great resource for learning about new varities to explore.

Cheers,

John

* * * * *

John A Gasbarre