[NAFEX] Hardy Kiwi Flower Schedule

Kiwi Korners kiwikrnr at sunlink.net
Tue Apr 8 17:33:14 EDT 2003

Mike,

The hardy kiwi flowering schedule for zone 6, Northeastern PA, is as follows:  Kolomikta,  Arguta: Reds ( Princess & Ken's ), Purpurea, USDA 74 series ( 55 & 49 ), Arboretum series ( 7 & 5 ), Michigan, Geneva ( 3 & 2 ), Dumbarton Oaks, Anna, Issai ( round and oblong ), and Meyers Cordifolia.

The Cordifolia in our arbor is the last to bud out, the last to flower, and the last to maturate fruit on the vine.

It might be a good contender as a no-frost miniature kiwi for the Great Lakes area although, your growing season may not be long enough to allow fruit maturation.

Kiwi Korners
www.kiwiberry.com
Northeast PA

Mike Levine wrote:

We have frequent late frosts here too.  Can you or anyone else suggest which
varieties are the latest to leaf out?  I'm determined to grow some kiwis
here.

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI
Zone 5b