[NAFEX] Nipped in the Bud?

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Tue Apr 8 10:38:28 EDT 2003

Phil,  Yeah, I raised a peach tree under similar circumstances in the last
place I lived. I even prevented it from fruiting the first year it wanted
to, because the tree didn't seem to be prosperous enough. The next year I
thinned the fruits to one every six or eight inches, and it made the best
peaches it has ever been my pleasure to eat. Afterward that tree became the
fruit tree equivalent of the biblical Job, beset by peach leafcurl, brown
spot, borers, weeping string warts, dropsy, the jim-jam jeeters, you name
it, that poor tree got it. I tried every organic cure I could find reference
to, but it never produced another edible peach. Looked nice in the spring,
though.   dylan