[NAFEX] Beautiful fruit; celebration in verse

Moyer, Richard ramoyer at king.edu
Mon Apr 7 10:45:05 EDT 2003

We second red currants over white, also pomegranate.  Clove currants (R.
aureum, R. odoratum)are exquisitely scented during bloom.
Wineberries excel visually among the brambles (Rubus), catalogs use these as
background pictures.  Wineberries are pleasantly flavored, though this fruit
leaves your fingers sticky.

As for poetry, Ames nursery used this in their catalog: 'comfort me with
apples, for I am weary of love'
Also included in "Song of Solomon":
'beside our doors are all choice fruits, which I have laid up for you, O my
beloved'
'let me beloved come to his garden and eat its choicest fruits'

Pomegranates, apples, figs, raisins mentioned specifically here, along with
fair animals, herbs and precious jewels.

Time for bed!
Richard Moyer
East Tenn, Zone 6

Message: 4