[NAFEX] Nanking problems

rob hamilton lostman_amiga at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 07:51:59 EST 2003

Does anyone ever have any desiese problems with their
nanking cherries?  I have noticed an increased problem
with what look to be some kind of blight(?).  This
occurs right after flower-fall. Some of the tip
branches begin to wilt and dry-up at a length of 2-10
inches down the branch.  I have not noticed any bore
holes. I thought it may be fire blight, but there is
no  blackening of the leaves. Any forming fruit on the
branch will start turning  a redish brown color.

Any ideas?