[NAFEX] rubber constrictors

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:17:01 EST 2003

Rubber electrician's splicing tape is RUBBER, slightly self-adhesive, wound
on the roll with a plastic backing. You cut off a couple inches, peel off
the backing, give the rubber a stretch, and wrap your graft.  (I use just 2
long slanting cuts-- 1 on the scion, & 1 on the stock.)  It holds snug and
seals, if you wrap beyond the union's ends.  It degrades enough w/in a
growing season to not worry about it.  (In several years, I think I had ONE
fall off a little too soon, and ONE stay on a little too long !)

I think it is maybe 3/4" wide; I see that as it's main advantage!  Don't
know how fast it would degrade if you buried the new graft.  Hmm, you've got
me pondering how to test this...

tc